Daniel A. (Dan) Bushell
Dan Bushell is a Florida Bar Board Certified Appellate Practice Specialist who represents businesses and individuals with complex and difficult issues in appeals and complex litigation. Mr. Bushell received his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2002) and his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan (B.A. in Economics, 1996), winning numerous academic awards along the way.
Since launching his own firm in 2011, Mr. Bushell and his firm have come to be regarded as a resource for clients and other lawyers who need help with precarious legal predicaments. The issues Mr. Bushell is brought in to tackle are usually complex, the stakes are usually high, and the odds are often long. He has been recognized by his peers first as a Rising Star, then as a Florida Super Lawyer, in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Mr. Bushell’s cases involve commercial/business litigation, real estate and lending transactions, probate and guardianship disputes, divorce and family law litigation, mortgage foreclosures, employment and employee benefits litigation, personal/bodily injuries, medical malpractice, class actions, and other areas of substantive law, both federal and state.
Prior to founding his own firm, Mr. Bushell practiced with premiere complex litigation firms in Pennsylvania and Florida, with practices that extended nation-wide. He forged his skills litigating highly complex cases against some of the world’s largest law firms, with millions and sometimes hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.
Mr. Bushell’s work has resulted in numerous precedent-setting decisions—from courts in Florida and throughout the country. His articles have been published in legal and business publications, such as the Daily Business Review, the Record, and other periodicals, and he has presented on appellate practice and other subjects at Continuing Legal Education programs.
Mr. Bushell is also the author and publisher of the Florida Appellate Review blog, where he chronicles the developing jurisprudence of Florida and federal appellate courts.
A native of New Jersey, Mr. Bushell lived and practiced law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania prior to relocating to South Florida in 2007. In his free time, he enjoys fishing, playing golf and other sports, and rooting for the University of Michigan, the Steelers and the Penguins.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., May 2002
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Economics, December 1996
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Florida Supreme Court (and all Florida Courts)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court (and all Pennsylvania Courts)
- New Jersey Supreme Court (and all New Jersey Courts)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, Northern District of Illinois, and Western District of Pennsylvania
- Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Lawyers Network